Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thanksgiving

Today is the best day to start my blog. A day to be grateful to the people that I have in my life. My sister Debbie invited me to dinner, she is an amazing person and I look up to her. At dinner her family was there most of these people I have only met a few times. Her son and his girlfriend, daughter, husband, adoptive parents, sister and brother in-law, two brother's in-law and their wives, one niece and a foster daughter. It was loud and chaotic! Just they way family gatherings should be. Dinner was amazing and everyone helped out. Owen was running around licking the windows and playing with the girls, DJ and the boys were watching a football game. It reminded me of the family holidays we had when I was a little girl. Today was the day I missed my parents and the way things used to be. I am thankful for the family that opened their arms to me and my little family. Making us feel welcomed and part of their happiness. Today I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment